The Congestion is the follow up of the Nickel Box, with a total of 86 moves instead of 68 according to the Burrtools software. Jack Krijnen found that with the same colour scheme as the Nickel Box, the solution was unique. Goh Pit Khiam then found that colouring completely one half of the puzzle also allowed the solution to be unique. Instead of using a different wood, Maurice Vigouroux used rods of aluminium on the side that is supposed to be coloured.
The puzzle is unusually large for a burr-in-cage. Each voxel is 15x15x15 mm. In the picture gallery, we can see that at the prototype stage, the location of the dots had no relationship with the construction of the cage. For the final puzzle, Maurice chose to match the position of the dots with the structure of the cage.
- Congestion, by Maurice Vigouroux.
- Congestion (back), by Maurice Vigouroux.
- Congestion, partially disassembled.
- Congestion, completely disassembled.
- Congestion prototype. The pieces are probably in sucupira.