No votes
other
No votes

Total votes: 9

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Logo

Post by bluesign2k » April 19th, 2011, 7:03 pm

As some of you know, I contacted Mark a few days ago to see if he would be kind enough to put together a logo for Puzzle Place as I think you'll agree his past works of art surpass anything that we could do in a sensible time. He kindly took up the challenge and sent me the following possible images today:
Mark wrote:I have attached some rough drafts for a logo, have a look and see what you think. The background colour can be changed and any mix of wording/font "ie PUZZLE PLACE" along with the logo if you want it included or not.
Please vote in the poll so we can select a favourite to continue with. The "other" option is available for if you have other ideas to base the logo on. Up to 3 options can be selected and you can re-vote if you wish.
[td][attachment=5]Logo 1[/attachment][/td][td][attachment=4]Logo 2[/attachment][/td][td][attachment=3]Logo 3[/attachment][/td][td][attachment=2]Logo 4[/attachment][/td][td][attachment=1]Logo 5[/attachment][/td][td][attachment=0]Logo 6[/attachment][/td]
Attachments
puzzle place6.jpg
puzzle place6.jpg (10.33 KiB) Viewed 13442 times
puzzle place5.jpg
puzzle place5.jpg (7.68 KiB) Viewed 13442 times
puzzle place4.jpg
puzzle place4.jpg (11.35 KiB) Viewed 13442 times
puzzle place3.jpg
puzzle place3.jpg (11.79 KiB) Viewed 13442 times
puzzle place2.jpg
puzzle place2.jpg (12.8 KiB) Viewed 13442 times
puzzle place.jpg
puzzle place.jpg (6.63 KiB) Viewed 13442 times

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Re: Logo

Post by bluesign2k » April 19th, 2011, 7:08 pm

My favourite would be something based around either image 1 or 6. Although I'm not sure about the font for the text in image 1 (an easy change though) and I'd like to see a version of image 5 with more vivid colours :)

Alimorris

Post by Alimorris » April 19th, 2011, 8:09 pm

I think number one is my favourite and agree the font needs a tweak.

Loose the italic and keep it sharp.

Nice work Mark the P,s are perfect!
Push, pull, twist, slide...........open! :)

allardwza

Post by allardwza » April 19th, 2011, 8:12 pm

Number 1 for me...simpler (sharper?) font, but the interlocked P's are an excellent idea - simple too... me like!

allard

Paradox

Post by Paradox » April 19th, 2011, 8:14 pm

I really like image 1, the design is great, but I don't think it really needs any text there at all.

After that I'd have image 5. I like the black background, but like Chris said it could look better with more vivid colours.

Nice going Mark!

Alimorris

Post by Alimorris » April 19th, 2011, 8:23 pm

Paradox wrote:I really like image 1, the design is great, but I don't think it really needs any text there at all.

After that I'd have image 5. I like the black background, but like Chris said it could look better with more vivid colours.

Nice going Mark!
Just looked again and yes I think Oli has a point and yes it looks good with no font!
It is a logo after all.
Push, pull, twist, slide...........open! :)

Kev1n

Post by Kev1n » April 19th, 2011, 8:44 pm

I also like logo 1 but maybe would like some varying colour along the length of the interlocked P's.

I think Mark has done this at some point with the rotating revomaze logo he made.
The black background works well but maybe the text could change a bit.

I wish I was an artist!!!
-----------------
Kev

http://www.puzzlemad.co.uk

Louis

Post by Louis » April 19th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Number one, very nice! Reminds me of this logo, which may bring some more inspiration if necessary:

Maybe the text "uzzle" and "lace" could be placed adjacent to each P.
<hidden></hidden>

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » April 19th, 2011, 10:02 pm

Louis wrote:...Maybe the text "uzzle" and "lace" could be placed adjacent to each P.
You mean something similar to this?

The two things I told Mark would be useful is a logo for the wiki, which I agree should just be a logo (ie just the interlocking Ps) and a banner to replace the weird eyes that come as default for this forum theme... so I figure this could have the addition text similar to that shown in the sketch.

Paradox

Post by Paradox » April 19th, 2011, 10:10 pm

bluesign2k wrote: The two things I told Mark would be useful is a logo for the wiki, which I agree should just be a logo (ie just the interlocking Ps) and a banner to replace the weird eyes that come as default for this forum theme... so I figure this could have the addition text similar to that shown in the sketch.
Sounds like a plan to me! :D