Puzzles in development

flawr

Puzzles in development

Post by flawr » June 15th, 2012, 8:35 am

hi everyone,
I just thougt if it was possible to create wiki-sites about puzzles that are just in development, so it would be possible, that everyone could comment and contribute ideas to certain problems. In my opinion it would be easier to edit and more clear when you view it than forum posts. I know that this is not the original goal of this wiki. I think it should be possilbe to make a seperate "area" or something like that. But what do you think of this? Are you interested in posting about your own puzzle development? Is it even technically possible to do this on this site?
flawr

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Re: Puzzles in development

Post by bluesign2k » June 15th, 2012, 10:58 am

Well in theory, yes, it's possible to do any of those things on this site.

However, what you're suggesting seems to be leading towards collaborative designing of puzzles and I'm not sure that would work a) because there aren't many puzzles designed that way and the few that I can think of that are don't have more than two designers, b) if everyone was able to see the design and input on it it probably wouldn't be of much interest to people as they'll already know the solution.

As you said, this isn't the original goal of the main wiki and I would advise against using the wiki for such a project. But, if there's real interest then we can easily host a separate wiki for such development projects... but I'm sceptical.

If you're just looking for comments, feedback or help with a design you're working on then I suggest that the Projects area of this forum is where you want to head for.

Chris

flawr

Post by flawr » June 15th, 2012, 2:06 pm

I see, i think you are right. Now I think "collaborative designing" will lead to nowhere. Perhaps I was just a little too enthusiastic because I like the system of wikis and I absolutely like this site.
PS: Who created the wiki / the forum?

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » June 15th, 2012, 5:47 pm

No problem, enthusiasm is great :)
If you're asking who pays the bills and set up the site - that'd be me.