What would you like to see?

Kev1n

Re: What would you like to see?

Post by Kev1n » April 27th, 2011, 11:05 pm

bluesign2k wrote:Done! (I think) Can you confirm that it works?
I can certainly browse now.
The login function seems to be faulty - I had to go to the show in web-browser to login despite putting my details into the setup screen.
Smilies are not available!
Is the signature attached?
-----------------
Kev

http://www.puzzlemad.co.uk

Paradox

Post by Paradox » April 27th, 2011, 11:12 pm

Kev1n wrote:
bluesign2k wrote:Done! (I think) Can you confirm that it works?
I can certainly browse now.
The login function seems to be faulty - I had to go to the show in web-browser to login despite putting my details into the setup screen.
Smilies are not available!
Is the signature attached?
Yep, your sig is working fine. :)

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with using the site as-is rather than using an app? The site works just the same as on my laptop as it does on my phone (apart from typing being slower).

Kev1n

Post by Kev1n » April 27th, 2011, 11:33 pm

Yep! Definitely a problem with the login.

The app cannot seem to log me in. If I click on view in browser then I can manually login and then the app sees me logged in and allows me to post. If I shift to viewing a different forum then I get logged out and have to do it again. Can this be fixed?
-----------------
Kev

Kev1n

Post by Kev1n » April 27th, 2011, 11:38 pm

Paradox wrote:Out of curiosity, what's wrong with using the site as-is rather than using an app? The site works just the same as on my laptop as it does on my phone (apart from typing being slower).
Once you have used an app on the phone you won't want to go back!!! Much easier to view, to post and to navigate. I only use the app on the phone - for iPad and computer I just use web browser. I definitely think it is a screen real-estate thing.
-----------------
Kev

TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler » April 28th, 2011, 3:47 pm

To be honest, I tried the app on the phone, and found it harder to find new posts, and generally browse (from RevoMaze).

I just prefer to use the brower. But if the app works better for you then it's all personal preference really.

Kev1n

Post by Kev1n » April 29th, 2011, 12:16 pm

TheJuggler wrote:To be honest, I tried the app on the phone, and found it harder to find new posts
Ah then you have not discovered the real reason for using the app!!

From the home screen of the app you have 6 options - the top one is "View Active Topics" - tapping this gives you the forum threads that have been most recently updated. With the very recent ones at the top and highlighted yellow. Click on the thread and it starts at the beginning of it. Click on the eye in the upper right corner and slide the slider all the way to the right and bang! You are at the current posts.

I find this much easier than straining to see the full webpage on the iPhone screen (I only have the 3GS without a retina display)

Hope this helps.

Still can't use the app to log in! Anyone able to fix this?
-----------------
Kev

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » April 29th, 2011, 10:25 pm

Kev1n wrote:...Still can't use the app to log in! Anyone able to fix this?
I have just installed the app on 2 freshly setup iPods, typed my login details into the app on both and both worked first time... I'm typing this now using the app :)

I will try to find some other people here with an iPod/iPhone to see if I can see the problem for myself but at the moment it looks like the problem might be at your end? What forum URL did you enter? It should be: www.puzzle-place.com/forum

Chris

TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler » April 29th, 2011, 10:57 pm

I've just quickly added it to my iPhone (3Gs) and it's logged in quite happily. No issues.

Kev1n

Post by Kev1n » April 30th, 2011, 10:36 am

Aha! I have found the problem!

I had a & in my password and I think the app doesn't send it correctly. When I changed my password to not have that character in it then it worked fine!

I practice safe passwords! :-D
-----------------
Kev

TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler » May 2nd, 2011, 8:16 am

The problem with an '&' character is that it is an escape character for a lot of code, and many programs will strip it out as it can be used to hack sites. Sounds like you've found the solution though. Use a good strong password that doesn't contain escape characters (so no'/' either) :D