What would you like to see?

Paradox

Re: What would you like to see?

Post by Paradox » July 2nd, 2011, 10:15 am

Is it possible to make the puzzle index page collapsible by the first letter? So there would be A-Z collapsed menus there rather than the whole list of puzzle names.

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » July 2nd, 2011, 11:16 am

I haven't seen this feature but I'll have a look as the list is getting really quite long now. Maybe a Table of Contents box would do the job to jump the the beginning of a letter?

Paradox

Post by Paradox » July 2nd, 2011, 11:33 am

bluesign2k wrote:I haven't seen this feature but I'll have a look as the list is getting really quite long now. Maybe a Table of Contents box would do the job to jump the the beginning of a letter?
A table of contents box would probably do actually. No idea why I didn't consider that. :D

It will get awkward later on to find which page a puzzle is on without going through them one by one, so if you can skip at least to the letter then that would be nice addition.

EDIT: I can't get the TOC to work. I'm assuming it's because the pages link from elsewhere rather than just being actual headers in the page.

Paradox

Post by Paradox » July 29th, 2011, 11:02 am

Do you reckon you could add the Burr.gif to either side of the title on the main page?

And would it look good if you did?

Pio2001

Post by Pio2001 » August 20th, 2011, 4:44 pm

Hello,
I was browsing the puzzle gallery, and found myself wondering what wood some puzzles were made of. I found that in order to get the information, I had to click the picture, then follow the link to the puzzle page, and look at the text of the picture.

Is there a way to have a text attached to the picture, that would be automatically displayed in all galleries ?

There are the picture comments, but it seems, from our recent discussions, that it can't be edited after the picture is uploaded.

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » August 20th, 2011, 5:46 pm

In short, no. As you said, you could put the necessary information in the picture comments but in reality I wouldn't expect anyone to go looking at the picture comments to find additional information. Ideally, I'd have it so you could click on a picture in the gallery and you'll get redirected straight to the puzzle page. I have actually found one way of doing this but it has undesirable consequences with other functions. I believe I can do it a different way but it'll involve editing some core code, and I don't really want to do that until I have a whole day to sit down, do the modifications and then tidy up the bugs.

I know only sysops can edit any image pages, but I would have thought you can edit the picture comments for the image you've uploaded?

Pio2001

Post by Pio2001 » August 21st, 2011, 4:08 pm

I can edit the main text of the picture. But it has no effect on the comments themselves, that seem to be another thing altogether.

The comments that I type when I upload a file seem to be duplicated into the comments and into the main text when the file is uploaded. I can then only edit the later.

Pio2001

Post by Pio2001 » August 22nd, 2011, 11:59 am

What about including the PhotoC field in the usage of the Gallerybox template ?

It would be something like

Code: Select all

{{Gallerybox|Title=My Title|Image = 
File:<<image1>>{{!}}<<caption1>>{{PhotoC|<<credits1>>}}
File:<<image2>>{{!}}<<caption2>>{{PhotoC|<<credits2>>}}
}}
Technically, it is part of the caption, but we don't use the Gallery box without photo credits, do we ?

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » August 22nd, 2011, 12:02 pm

Done :)

Pio2001

Post by Pio2001 » August 22nd, 2011, 12:21 pm

Thanks ;)