New Look

TheJuggler

New Look

Post by TheJuggler » April 30th, 2012, 6:57 pm

Well our new layout has been up for a few days now.

What does everyone think about it? We still have a few things we're working on, but I'm interested in what you think ...

Answers on a postcard.

allardwza

Re: New Look

Post by allardwza » May 1st, 2012, 7:55 am

Two thumbs up!

(I think it looks fantastic! Great job and thanks for all the effort you put into it...)

allard

Pio2001

Post by Pio2001 » May 1st, 2012, 8:41 pm

Hello TheJuggler,
I think that the big pictures are nice. At least, we can see what the page is about.

I personnally preferred when the table was on the left and the picture on the right, though.

Paradox

Post by Paradox » May 2nd, 2012, 12:15 pm

I'm a fan! It looks much cleaner than how it used to be. Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put in to it!

I have to say that I do agree with Pio in that I also preferred the table on the left with the pic on the right.

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » May 2nd, 2012, 1:53 pm

Glad you like it, I have to admit though that it's Neil who's done the vast majority of the work on the new look.

As for the location of the image/info box... I couldn't decide which side I preferred it on, but since there seems to be a preference from others to having it the other way around we can look at moving it back :)

Chris

Paradox

Post by Paradox » May 26th, 2012, 3:48 pm

I'm liking the site notice banner! :)

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » May 26th, 2012, 4:10 pm

Paradox wrote:I'm liking the site notice banner! :)
Sweet!
I've been meaning to get the new front page finished which will have a section for news where puzzle meet-ups, new auctions and new puzzles can be advertised but as I haven't had time recently I thought I'd try this instead. If it works well then I'll look into making the box fit in with the rest of the site and having some way to hide it once you've read it incase people find it intrusive.

(all the recent uploads (not far to go until we have 2500 images!) have taken us over out storage limit :shock: so I've now upgraded us to 5GB :D )

Paradox

Post by Paradox » May 28th, 2012, 2:56 pm

I can't believe we're coming up to 2500 images! That really is an epic amount of pictures! :shock:

Paradox

Post by Paradox » November 12th, 2012, 3:40 pm

Because of the layout and larger images some pages require sideways scrolling to read them in their entirety. Do we know if there is a way that this could be avoided? It just looks a bit messy.

Here's an example: Level 5 Burr Set

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » November 12th, 2012, 5:10 pm

The images are currently limited to being 500 pixels wide... we could reduce this to make them smaller... how much smaller would it need to be to fit on your screen. I hadn't noticed this problem as all the PCs I use have a resolution of 1280 x 1024 or greater :?

I'm still in two minds as to whether it's better to have the image on the left or the right of the text. When we first changed it I wasn't sure I liked it on the left... now I don't even notice it.