Wiki Updates

Paradox

Wiki Updates

Post by Paradox » April 14th, 2011, 7:42 pm

I figured that as the Wiki will (and has been) changing pretty often, we should have a topic to briefly mention what we have done to it if we feel that it's worth mentioning.

So I'll mention that I noticed that there was a category called 'NoType' in the 'Puzzle' section, and this was for any puzzles that didn't have their 'Type' field filled in.
Hopefully Chris won't mind ( :? ) but I moved this category to the 'Puzzle Types' page, and as pretty much every puzzle in that category was a puzzle box I created a new category for all puzzle boxes for them to go into.

We can sort out a puzzle category system in the near future, but for now I thought this looked tidier. :)

Also, we're up to over 180 puzzles already! How cool is that?! :D

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Re: Wiki Updates

Post by bluesign2k » April 17th, 2011, 7:14 pm

I have just added a new template to add "Photo courtesy of x" so that credit can be given where needed that will also keep the photo's comments looking neat. Usage is:

Code: Select all

{{PhotoC|<name>}}
where <name> should be replaced with the person's name. The template will automatically make a link too.

Paradox

Post by Paradox » April 18th, 2011, 12:20 am

The Wiki puzzle index has now reached over 200 puzzles! :shock:

We now have:

206 Puzzles
62 Designers
51 Manufacturers

Which I think is not bad considering how short a time the Wiki has been up for.

Paradox

Post by Paradox » April 18th, 2011, 2:39 pm

I added an image to the main page, nothing too exciting but it makes the title page stand out a little more. It can be changed later on if we find something better.

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » April 18th, 2011, 4:42 pm

Cool!
I e-mail Mark and asked if he's willing to knock up a logo for the wiki and the forum. He's going to have a play around and see if he can come up with something :)

Paradox

Post by Paradox » April 18th, 2011, 5:35 pm

Awesome! We've seen his skills, so I can't wait to see what he comes up with!

Edit:

I also went ahead and added headers for all of the Wiki's 'main' pages. I think it looks good, but I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks.

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » April 21st, 2011, 11:03 pm

I have just added an extension to the wiki to enable easy citation of references. Instructions for use are here: Cite Usage

Please make use of it when making use of information sourced from 3rd party sites :)

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » April 22nd, 2011, 1:35 pm

I have started a new category for people as there are some people that deserve pages on the wiki are neither designers nor manufacturers.

All people (not businesses/shops etc) should be included in this category.

Paradox

Post by Paradox » April 23rd, 2011, 11:56 am

I added a page where we can hold links to any and all decent puzzle related sites on the web. What I've added is by no means anywhere close to a definitive list, so I expect people to add/remove from it where needed.

What do people think; Is it too messy or does it work?

Edit: I also added a 'contents' box to the top. The page is quite long and has the potential to get a whole load longer, so I thought it would be worthwhile.

Paradox

Post by Paradox » April 23rd, 2011, 9:20 pm

bluesign2k wrote:I have just added a new template to add "Photo courtesy of x" so that credit can be given where needed that will also keep the photo's comments looking neat. Usage is:

Code: Select all

{{PhotoC|[i]name[/i]}}
where name should be replaced with the person's name. The template will automatically make a link too.
I tried to use this but I had to remove the italic tags to get the link to work.