Problems & Issues

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Re: Problems & Issues

Post by bluesign2k » January 24th, 2013, 10:13 am

Yep. You can do this using "| IPP2 = ". Two examples exist at the moment, Cast Loop and Maze Burr :)

An example:

Code: Select all

| IPP = puzzler
| IPP2 = grand
| IPPYear = IPP26

Paradox

Post by Paradox » January 24th, 2013, 11:21 am

Excellent! I did think I'd seen it done somewhere before as well! Thanking you! :D

TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler » March 15th, 2013, 7:04 pm

Sorry guys, I've been sadly neglecting things over here. Just not sure where the time goes. Chris, you seem to have it all under control as ever!

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » March 15th, 2013, 8:30 pm

No worries. To be honest, I haven't had a lot of time to do much here (or elsewhere) lately... I don't know how the days/months keep disappearing! It still all seems to be ticking along nicely and when I get some free time I'll get onto tidying up the front page and the other odd jobs :)

Pio2001

Post by Pio2001 » April 4th, 2013, 8:36 pm

Hi Chris,
There is a strange thing going on in the General section of the forum. I just noticed that the topic about 6-piece burrs doesn't appear in the list.
It is still online, the direct link works : http://www.puzzle-place.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=7&t=46
But it is invisible. It should be there : http://www.puzzle-place.com/forum/viewf ... 7&start=25

Instead, I see three broken links at the bottom, with the title "Abad's level 4.9 is not 4.9", 0 replies, 0 views.

Same thing with Firefox and Internet Explorer.

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » April 4th, 2013, 9:23 pm

I honestly have no Idea what happened there!
I think I've managed to fix it (can you check it's now okay for you?) but I'm kinda concerned that it's managed to happen in the first place.

Time to do a backup methinks!

Pio2001

Post by Pio2001 » April 4th, 2013, 10:54 pm

Thanks ! It is back to normal, here.

t1bur0n20061

Post by t1bur0n20061 » February 14th, 2014, 6:49 am

Hello, I am Aaron Davila. I have made a few contributions to the puzzle wiki. I post puzzle profiles on behalf of Stephan Baumegger. One issue that Stephan has noticed is that his designer profile and his puzzle profiles disappear off the main list when he logs off of his account. The same happens to me as well (if I am logged out I can not find his puzzles on the main list). The links still work but they just disappear off of the main list. He worry that his puzzles can not be viewed by the general public that are browsing and don't have accounts. Thank you for any help.

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » February 14th, 2014, 4:30 pm

Hi Aaron,

What you're seeing is the pages of the wiki not being cached often enough. I believe re-caching happens either when an edit is done on the page (the Puzzle category page in this case), or after a certain time has elapsed, or after a certain number of visitors. I enabled page caching a while ago as it dramatically speeds up page loading times since requested cached pages don't re-form the page on each load. I shall look into getting the pages to automatically re-cache more often to help reduce this effect.

If you wish to manually force re-caching, you can add "?action=purge" to the end of the URL and then click Ok. eg, the URL to purge the puzzle list page is:
[url=http://www.puzzle-place.com/wiki/Catego ... tion=purge[/url]

Although the newly created paged may not instantly be added to the puzzle list, the general public should still be able to find the page by either using google (which continually picks up new content), the wiki's built in search, or by finding the puzzles though Stephan's page on the wiki.

I hope that answers your concerns?

TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler » March 13th, 2014, 12:25 am

Chris, can we look at updating the code to generate emails for Forum messages. Currently the subject comes through as 'forum' Can we update it to say Puzzle Place Message or something useful?

Thanks,

Neil