Problems & Issues

Paradox

Problems & Issues

Post by Paradox » May 2nd, 2011, 9:09 pm

Here's a new topic to mention any problems or issues you come across within the Puzzle Wiki so that hopefully someone will be able to fix them.

For example:

I entered a puzzle which was an IPP exchange puzzle at IPP13, but 'IPP13' comes up as an invalid entry. I'm guessing this is because currently the IPP list only goes back as far as IPP16, but I'm not certain. :geek:

http://www.puzzle-place.com/wiki/Explode-A-Burr

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Re: Problems & Issues

Post by bluesign2k » May 2nd, 2011, 10:11 pm

Fixed ;)
As you mentioned, this happened because I had only made the list from IPP16 because I couldn't find information on locations for previous IPPs. I have now managed to find back to IPP13 but am still looking for information on previous events...

Louis

Post by Louis » May 3rd, 2011, 12:07 am

I should have an overview of IPP 1 to 19 lying around.
Can I update the mentioned list myself or shall I pass on the info?
Looking into it ...

Edit: learnt 2 things already:
- I cannot edit the IPP list because 'it has been locked to prevent editing'
- I cannot edit my own post in touchBB (or can I?)

The info about IPP 1-19 locations ( and dates, number of visitors / countries represented) is in an article in a copyrighted magazine which is not available on-line, so I have asked permission from the author to use it here...
<hidden></hidden>

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » May 3rd, 2011, 9:44 am

Ah! That'd be pretty useful! :)
The IPP list is locked as it's a key template and editing it affects a large amount of pages.
If you leave the details here then we can get that into uploaded. All we need for the template is the link between IPP #/Year/Host City. However, if you have information of specific dates, number of visitors and countries represented there then that would still be useful either on the main IPP page or the individual IPP pages... none of which should be locked for editing :)

I don't use the TouchBB application as I only have an iPod but I believe that it's not possible to edit posts.

Chris

Paradox

Post by Paradox » May 3rd, 2011, 12:11 pm

Thanks for the fix Chris! :)

I've checked back at what you did so I've got how it works now.

I added IPP1 to the template as well, simply because I knew when and where it was and I wanted to use it to check if it worked okay. And all seems good!

Paradox

Post by Paradox » May 31st, 2011, 1:25 pm

Any ideas as to why the Family puzzle is coming up under the 'p' heading on the puzzle list? :?

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » May 31st, 2011, 2:43 pm

Yup, is was because the field to change the sort order had a value in it which would cause it to sort under "P" or more specifically:

Code: Select all

| AltPuzSort = Puzzle Box
The idea of this field was so that puzzles such as Karakuri Boxes (Karakuri Cheese Cake, Karakuri Marble Cake, etc) could be sorted without the Karakuri prefix.

Paradox

Post by Paradox » May 31st, 2011, 5:29 pm

Ah right! And that also solves the mystery of what the Alt fields actually do. :lol:

Louis

Post by Louis » May 31st, 2011, 10:44 pm

In touchBB on my iPhone, all topics usually show up as having unread posts (i.e. yellow).
Every now and then one or two apparently randomly chosen topics are white as expected, but they may be yellow again the next rime I open the 'active topics' screen, even when no new posts are made. There seems to be no logic in it, while other forums (e.g. Revo) consistently show only topics with unread posts in yellow.
Is anyone else experiencing this, or is this a known something that I am missing?
<hidden></hidden>

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » May 31st, 2011, 11:07 pm

Yeh, I noticed this the other day. I don't actually use the app much so at the time I just figured that it just hadn't updated and would refresh the next time I logged on. However, it would appear that this behaviour has been noticed on other forums too. Someone has reported the problem (Read indicator is broken in active topics) but there aren't any solutions yet.

I'm guessing it's just a bug in the script for the later versions of the code. The Revo forum is using an outdated version of the script. AS soon as there's an update I'll get it applied. Fingers crossed that it'll be fixed in the next update. :)