Input requested: Bértikal puzzle

Splinter

Re: Input requested: Bértikal puzzle

Post by Splinter » March 5th, 2016, 9:38 pm

Well, after a long-long-long time some news regarding this topic:
The model rights for my MazeRoll will be added to the Intellectual Property for the Bértikal Game. With this I support the Bértikal Game being on the market, also in case any other product might infringe the merged IP.

So, if you're interested you can buy this labyrinth game through their website or at a local shop.

If you wonder whether to protect a puzzle design yourself (I did not do such for all my puzzles, only until now for my maze puzzles), I can add this:

- protection of your design can be relevant / wise, but only (in my opinion) when you've some really new design or mechanism. And there's a market for it (maybe not a market to you only, but also for others)

- the initial protection will cost you quite some money

- any infringement you suffer will cost you even more money to bring and discuss your claim to another party

- there's no guarantee for succes. Not for your design and not for your claim.

- in my particular situation the end of the story (and you can see at the start of this thread when it more or less begun) came -I think- with the awareness by the other party that my EU-design really can add to the intellectual protection of the product on the market (that originally 'only' has a patent valid for Spain)

I'm really gratefull to some specific members of this and other puzzle communities (they know who they are), who helped me in one or more ways to this good result at first for me. And I also hope this agreement is helping the Bértikal Game to be a greater success.