Current Puzzle Projects - Boxes and cylinders.

Have a project you're currently working on? Post it here!
TheJuggler

Current Puzzle Projects - Boxes and cylinders.

Post by TheJuggler » April 15th, 2013, 5:52 pm

Ok, Oli asked about it, and rather than continuing to hi-jack his thread, I though I should start something dedicated to my current projects.

As most of you know I'm getting married in August, so a lot of my focus currently is the wedding. To that end, I have made copies of ...
raketti_redwood.jpg
raketti_redwood.jpg (73.31 KiB) Viewed 12037 times
and
build_a_house.jpg
build_a_house.jpg (57.35 KiB) Viewed 12037 times
I have some copies of Square in a Bag to finish off, and also some CoverUp puzzles that I'll do too.

Now, in terms of new puzzles, I need to rework the Juggling Box, as it didn't work the way I had intended, however I have a number of other puzzle box ideas that I'll see about making. Hopefully they will be better than my original thoughts.

I also have a Cylinder puzzle which I have designed and hope to have a couple of copies to take around with me fairly soon, to let people have a play. If it turns out that people like it, then I'll consider making more. We'll see!

That's about it for now. Going to be busy in the shop over the next few months!

Splinter

Re: Current Puzzle Projects - Boxes and cylinders.

Post by Splinter » April 16th, 2013, 7:26 am

I hope your fiancee did not misunderstand you when you told her "I'll build a house for you" :lol:

Hope she's into puzzles.
Good luck with the wedding prep!

TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler » April 16th, 2013, 4:14 pm

Thanks,

She's not a huge puzzle fan, but it was her idea to have puzzles on the tables during the reception, so I'm good with that.

She didn't solve the Raketti, as she saw me fine tuning it when I made it, but it did make her smile. Build a House she played with for about 15 minutes, got frustrated, and asked me to show her the solution, and the third one I've made is Cover Up by Erich Friedman, she's spent 3 mins to find the easy solution, and is now working on the other two challenges. I can't show her the solution to that as I don't know it yet!

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » April 16th, 2013, 5:31 pm

You should make some of the Raketti's as a "Wil's Special" :twisted:
Of all the simple puzzles, Build a House is one of my favourites. It looks so simple, but the copy I picked up from Jack at DCD had me stumped for a good while! It's one I regularly go back to.

I like the sound of the Juggling Box (or any puzzle box for that matter). You can certainly put me down for one when you get them sorted :D

TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler » April 16th, 2013, 5:53 pm

Thanks Chris ...

Is the Wil Special one with a little extra metal in the base? (Not wanting to give anything away if someone doesn't know about the nasty trick).

The Juggling Cylinder looks like it works the way I wanted it to. I personally think it's bloody devilish, but I'll let the MPP crowd play test it a bit and see what they think!

Expect to get your grubby hands on a copy in May (prototype) and then based on feedback a final version.... when I have time to make them!

TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler » April 16th, 2013, 8:36 pm

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one at MPP :D