Introduce Yourself...

Louis

Re: Introduce Yourself...

Post by Louis » September 8th, 2012, 9:54 pm

Hi splinter, and welcome to this puzzle forum.
Wait a minute ... a puzzle enthusiast in Eindhoven who has not touched a Revomaze ... we should meet!
PM sent...
<hidden></hidden>

maztec

Post by maztec » November 11th, 2012, 5:16 am

hello

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k » November 11th, 2012, 10:29 am

Hi Jay! *waves* :)

Paradox

Post by Paradox » November 12th, 2012, 3:38 pm

Hello hello! Fancy meeting you here!

Oskar

Post by Oskar » March 17th, 2013, 12:49 pm

Hi Puzzle Place fans,

Splinter recommended me to post information about my puzzle for sale. Please check out these links.
-Puzzlemaster
-Sloyd
-Shapeways
-YouTube
-Youku
-Facebook
-Twisty Puzzles Forum
-Non-Twisty Puzzles Forum
-Home page
The figure below shows some recent 3D-printed puzzle of mine, which are for sale with Shapeways (3D printed party) or from me directly if you prefer to have them assembled for you.

Please respond with a message in this thread if any of this information is new to you.

Thank you and enjoy!

Oskar

Splinter

Post by Splinter » March 18th, 2013, 8:01 am

Hi Oskar,

I think it's great to have a designer with such a massive range of puzzles invented on board here :!:

Which gets me to one question for you (as this is the introduction thread): do you also seriously collect puzzles?
(and did you start from there designing your own puzzles :?: )

Love to see your new mechanical puzzles also here. 8-)

Barcared

Post by Barcared » March 28th, 2013, 3:37 pm

Hi Everyone!

This is a bit overdue but in case you don't know me my name is Nigel and some of you may know me from the Revomaze forum under the name Barcared or from the MPP puzzle parties.

I have been interested in puzzles since I was a small kid but have only been seriously collecting for the last 3/4 years. During this time I have accumulated around 600 puzzles and have met some wonderful people along the way.

My interest was rekindled by seeing the Isis puzzle on Dragons Den some years ago and then a desire to look for high end puzzles led me to Revomaze. From this puzzle and its associated forum I was able to meet some like-minded puzzlers who lived in the area. Allard and his lovely wife Gill welcomed me into their home to share this obsession and initially we looked at commercially available puzzles such as the Hanayama range, Sacred Myths and Legends, Pentagon Puzzles etc and this led to us really going down the rabbit hole and a whole new world of puzzles, puzzle designers and great people who shared our passion! Chris Purssell soon joined our little group and from there began the beginnings of MPP which was initially held at Allard's home and had good support from the outset. 'Midlands' PP was a bit tenuous as we had Louis attend most of the meetings from Holland and indeed many other people such as Graham, Ali and Oli travelled up from the SE and Kevin from the North.

I will start a section on here soon for all the previous MPP events so there is a record and will include photos and a brief description of each event along with an attendee list.

As for my puzzle tastes, I like most puzzles, but am not a big fan of twisty puzzles. My pride and joy is King Cubi and also the love Eric Fuller's work. I probably favour packing puzzles and like the ones that have few pieces but are still challenging.

I look forward to chatting to you all on here in the future and developing new friendships via this great forum and wiki. I would also like to thank Chris Purssell for setting up this wiki/forum and for making a great database of puzzles, Oli for adding many puzzle entries on here and everyone else who have made contributions. I look forward to adding many more myself and building the database further.

TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler » April 16th, 2013, 6:16 pm

Hi Everybody!! *In Dr Nick's voice*
Fancy seeing you all here ;) :lol:

For people that don't know me, I'm TheWaddler, a recent puzzle-aholic that has found comfort on the Revomaze forum and has misplaced a large amount of money since then. Started a blog in January which can be found in my sig :D

Alimorris

Post by Alimorris » April 16th, 2013, 11:55 pm

Welcome Jamie

I think once we have a few more on board things should get quite busy here.
Push, pull, twist, slide...........open! :)

Lucie

Post by Lucie » April 17th, 2013, 12:39 pm

Hi Everyone, I am Lucie and I collect puzzles since more than 30 years. You can see my collection on my blog, I only started blogging recently so I have to add more photo's and text. It's great to see the puzzles on this site, I was on TwistyPuzzles and the Removaze site, I'm glad to have found a site about general mechanical puzzles. :)