Re: Introduce Yourself...

Post by Paradox » April 17th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Hey Jamie and Lucie! Welcome to Puzzle Place! :D

Alimorris

Post by Alimorris » April 17th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Another familiar face!

Welcome Lucie :D
Push, pull, twist, slide...........open! :)

Letrow

Post by Letrow » September 2nd, 2013, 9:24 am

Hi everyone. I am Peter and I joined this forum pretty late I see. Some of you may know me from the Renegade forum, the Revomaze forum (although I haven't been very active there) or from meeting at Wil's Queen's Day puzzle party or the Dutch Cube Day.
I have been interested in puzzles for a long time, but it wasn't until I discovered puzzles on the internet in the beginning of 2012 that this really came off the ground. Since then I have been collecting in a modest way.
I like wooden puzzles (e.g. Vinco), aluminium (e.g. Wil) and all sort of other stuff I can get my hands on. I have a few Revomazes (blue, green and bronze), which I solved early on in my puzzle career (I have since then managed to lose the file where I had stored my paths :oops: ). I also like lockpicking, which for me is kind of a puzzle too, but haven't participated actively in meetings for a while.
I am interested to see what kind of threads I can find on here, so all in all glad to be on board.

jack

Post by jack » September 4th, 2013, 4:07 pm

Hello Peter,
nice to see you here also!

Orko

Post by Orko » April 28th, 2014, 7:21 pm

Hi my name is phil,

believe it or not, i like puzzles and after reading the member names i think most of you allready know me from the revomaze or isis forum. If not, nice to meet you :lol:

Chyron

Post by Chyron » July 22nd, 2014, 5:33 am

Hi everyone I'm pretty much already familiar with. I'm most well known from the revomaze forums, where I mostly complain sarcastically these days.. (I'm working on it)

I guess I'm mostly interested in news that's not already featured on those boards.

Anyways, Hi.

merlin2812

Post by merlin2812 » July 31st, 2014, 10:16 pm

hello everyone,

like all of you, I'm a puzzle enthusiast ;-)
But my interest goes mainly in puzzle boxes, and concerning puzzle boxes, I must say I haven't seen many as good as the japanese one ;-)
However, I'm a member of the karakuri club, so if I can be of any help concerning some of their boxes, don't hesitate!

best,

merlin2812

WillHu

Post by WillHu » August 2nd, 2014, 2:40 am

Totally missed this page.
Hello everyone, I'm an amateur designer, amateur collector, and far less-than-amateur solver of puzzles! :D
I like any puzzles which are very non-traditional and have some unexpected moments.
So hi!

Boxaholic

Post by Boxaholic » July 13th, 2015, 9:28 pm

I realize I should introduce myself. I've posted a bit here and there but missed this topic until now. Maybe no one really reads it anymore, but for the record, hi! I'm Steve, from the USA, and this year I have been immersing myself with puzzles and getting to know the puzzle world. I find myself collecting very actively this year, but I've enjoyed puzzles all my life and I keep remembering little details about that. I had my first Japanese puzzle box when I was 8 or 9, which is now a major obsession again. I had many little burr style wooden puzzles back then as well, although I claim to not love burr puzzles. I had those little barrels, cubes, balls, various shapes which came apart and had to be put back together. I was also really into the Rubik's cube (had the original!) and could solve one in under a minute. No speed cuber, but still, and I had all sorts of variations of those as well. I had a subscription to games magazine, and have always been drawn to the logic puzzles and games in the stores. I didn't think I had much of a collection earlier this year, but realize I have a ton of think fun and other logic type games I've gotten for my kids over the years. Plus a bunch of twisty cubes. We've got three closets full of board games as well! Anyhow, I fell in love with puzzle boxes in particular this year, fueled by the nostalgia of my childhood and the death of my mother, and my collection has exploded to over 100 puzzle boxes already, and it's only July. So I feel like I'm one of the group of addicted fanatics here now. Thanks for reading this far, you must have really had nothing to do right now!
You might see me as "Boxaholic" or "Puzzledoc" on some of the forums.
If you enjoy puzzle boxes, or a nice cocktail (if you are old enough!) or maybe if you like both - follow my blog if you get a chance at http://boxesandbooze.blogspot.com where I mostly talk about puzzle boxes from my collection along with cocktail history
Cheers!
Boxaholic
Boxesandbooze

Pio2001

Post by Pio2001 » July 20th, 2015, 8:35 pm

Hi Boxaholic,
Thanks for your introduction, and welcome here :)