Introduce Yourself...

Brian706

Re: Introduce Yourself...

Post by Brian706 » January 26th, 2016, 11:21 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Brian and I'm in the USA. I've always been a fan of puzzles since as long as I can remember. I enjoy most types of puzzles but have only recently started collecting. I am mainly into collecting metal mechanical puzzles and have a decent start on my collection. There are so many rare puzzles that I'd like to own that I will probably never be able to get my hands on, sadly.

I've become a pretty big fan of Wil Strijbos puzzles, and quite enjoy the sequential discovery style puzzles. Now if only I could get my hands on an Angel Box! :angel: There are also a few Roger D and Marcel Gillen puzzles that will probably be forever on my wishlist. :roll:

I recognize quite a few of you from other places such as the Isis Adventure forums and the Revomaze forums; and of course, from several of your blogs. Looking forward to getting to know some of you better and making more connections in the puzzling world. I've yet to meet someone in person that shares my puzzling addiction passion.

Other non-puzzle hobbies include playing music, old video games and Android stuff. I would try to defend that last one, but let's face it, I'm posting on a forum full of fellow people with weird hobbies! :mrgreen: I've been a moderator on Android Forums for several years now and it's somewhat of a hobby to root my phones and tinker. I'd love to learn some of the development side of things but haven't found the time to dive in that far yet.

Hit me up anytime if you want to talk puzzles, or anything else.

-Brian

Splinter

Post by Splinter » January 27th, 2016, 8:25 am

Hi Brian,

Welcome here!
And thanks for the introduction.

I'm not sure whether you know many places where the puzzlers hang around, so you might be interested in this post also.

If you want to tell about any puzzle design in progress or see what others wrote about earlier, you can check here on this forum.

Good luck collecting & puzzling,

Splinter

zerotolerance

Post by zerotolerance » February 8th, 2016, 1:30 am

Hello Everyone,

I live in Massachsetts and have been collecting puzzles since i was introduced to my first burr puzzle. An eight piece "Penta Beams" in solid white about 27 years ago and it took me about 3 minutes to solve it.

I have only recently started to collecting seriously and look forward to learning more and hopefully contributing to this sight.

My interests are burr, metal, extremely hard take apart and historic puzzles.

Thank you for letting me join!

Devin Vollmer

darctangent

Post by darctangent » May 12th, 2016, 3:30 am

Hi everyone!
I got pointed to this site. Lots of good information here! I particularly like burrs, twisties, and Revomazes.
Glad to be here!
Shane.

Paradox

Post by Paradox » May 12th, 2016, 7:35 am

darctangent wrote:Hi everyone!
I got pointed to this site. Lots of good information here! I particularly like burrs, twisties, and Revomazes.
Glad to be here!
Shane.
Welcome Shane! I'm sure you'll recognise a few of the names here. :lol: